The digital transformation of the maritime industry is accelerating globally as a result of the pandemic. Maritime professionals need to be equipped with up-to-date skills to tackle the latest developments in technology, innovation and regulations in today’s rapidly changing and complex environment. They must also be able to anticipate future developments and act proactively.
This 6-month training programme on Shipping Operations & Management has been designed to help mid-careerists to explore opportunities in the highly resilient and diverse maritime sector. This programme covers both technical knowledge and soft skills required for safe and efficient shipping operations, will adequately prepare trainees for the diversified roles of Operations and HSSEQ/Crewing in a digital future. Drawing on the strengths and expertise of DNV, it addresses current topics of critical importance in the maritime industry with a blended learning approach to operational, technical and quality issues.
The programme consists of four modules that cover the following topics:
- Fundamentals of the maritime industry: Stakeholders, structures and regulations
- Digital transformation: Technology, innovations and data security practices
- Global maritime regulatory and requirements in the shipping sector: International and regional conventions for ship safety and environmental protection
- i)* Shipping operations: Day-to-day management of ship operations or, ii)* HSSEQ or crewing: Day-to-day management of quality, health, safety, security, environment (QHSSE) and Crewing
*specialized module where participants should choose an option according to their preferences
Upon completion of each module, trainees will be awarded a Certificate of Completion. Trainees who complete all four modules will additionally receive a Certificate in "SGUP-CT Shipping Operations & Management"
Upcoming Course Dates:
- 15 Dec 2021 to 14 Jun 2022 (register by 08 Dec 2021)
- 21 Mar 2022 to 20 Sep 2022 (register by 14 Mar 2022)
About the SGUnited Mid-Career Pathway programme
The SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme provides mid-career individuals with traineeships and training opportunities at companies and public sector agencies. Apart from the 6-month training programme, trainees will receive monthly allowance which will be funded by SkillsFuture Singapore Agency (SSG). Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents who are mid-career jobseekers with two or more years of experience and have been impacted by COVID-19 will be eligible for the programme. For more information, you may visit the Skillsfuture Singapore website.
More information and registration
If you are interested in participating in this programme, please contact Maritime Academy Singapore.
You can find all the information you need about the set-up of the program, a description of the content and the modules, what are the fees and which terms and conditions apply in the brochure below.
We look forward to welcoming you in our course.